Saturday, August 20, 2011

Road Trip and What I've Learned

For the past three days my sister Jackie and I have been traveling from Georgia to Albany New York, stopping overnight in Charlotte with our cousin and in NYC with our other sister, Alex. This trip started out with a flat tire on Alex's car and all day Thursday trying and failing to get it fixed, which ultimately resulted in having to change cars and take my car, but after it got underway it went pretty well. There were, however, several conclusions that I have come to in the last few days:
1) Never trust Pep Boys
2) Driving in NYC is so much fun, except for when your only known route aka the Brooklyn Bridge is closed at 11pm and you do not know where you are going...also I'm a planner and like to know where I am and that I can get home without too many question marks.
3) My back has informed me that it will not take sitting in the car for three days straight without a fight.
4) There is a town in upstate NY called Cocksackie. Not sure they thought that one through.

No comments:

Post a Comment