Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono.

The literal translation of this is "good wine is found in small barrels" - the Italian version of the English saying "Good things come in small packages." I choose to name my blog this for two reasons. One, because I am not a large person, or even average-sized, I've been told, but I like to believe that my smallness enhances my experience of life. For example, I am about to go to Europe for three months and live in Padova, Italy. One of the reasons I love Italy the most is because unlike America's gigantic products, houses, and food, everything is more Marti-sized. The other reason I picked this name is because I love wine. And I love good wine even more. And I love love love good Italian wine, especially paired with good Italian food in the company of small Italian people...which, if all goes as planned, will happen daily in the next few months. And so I have made this blog to detail the adventures of me, a small person who loves wine, Italy, over the next few months.

1 comment: