Monday, October 31, 2011

My Favorite Sky in The World

Last weekend was our first tour of Rome. It was sooooo great to return to the city in which I first fell in love with Italy. The weather was beautiful, the people and sights and food are always beautiful. I stayed with the wonderful Giuseppe, Carlo, and Francesco (i miei amori) the first night, and then in a hostel near Termini. We did the Vatican the first day, the Colosseum the second day, and the Trevi/Piazza di Spagna/Pantheon the second night. It was amazing being able to share something I love so much with 20 new people who had never seen it before. I slept way too little to be awake as much as possible, but it was worth it.  My favorite part of the weekend was being reminded of my favorite sight in Rome - the sky above the Colosseum. I don't mean the Colosseum wth the sky in the background, but the sky with the Colosseum in the front. I have never seen a sky as blue as this in my life - and every time I go back when there is a sunny day it strikes me and I am left breathless. It is always the same, brilliant blue with no clouds and is absolutely my favorite sky in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment